Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wise Reminder - "Life is fragile, handle with Prayer"

Three years ago, 25 September 2005, our son was undergoing training in Australia while my husband and I were in China. We received a phone call around 5:30pm informing us that our son was involved in an automobile accident. Thankfully it was my husband who picked up the phone. He was pretty calm but there was a tone of seriousness as he asked, "Is he the one who was driving? Is he conscious?..." When I heard him asking, my heart straightaway prayed, "Oh Lord, please help. Go to his rescue, he is so far away from us."

It was a great relief when my husband was able to speak to our son on the phone. He said he was alright, not in any life-threatening situation. He was in hospital waiting for minor surgery of his face.

The Lord indeed was a very present help in trouble. A few days later he sent us the pictures of himself and the car. The car was in a very bad shape, a wreck, and it was a miracle that no one was killed.

It is a reminder of how fragile life is and indeed to be handled with prayer. Each day is a gift from God, as we depend on Him to live for His glory!

No comments: